OBSCURON. A room-scale VR sci-fi adventure. Players are stranded / lost on an alien planet, an abandoned space-station and a derelict starship.
This game is currently in very early development and the roadmap may (or may not) include:
- A full-length action-adventure:
- Three major open-world locations containing smaller "levels".
- Multiple demos prior to release.
- Early-Access is likely but with a strong direction towards a full-release.
- A room-scale VR design:
- Designed specifically for VR with motion-tracked controllers.
- Will work best as full room-scale but playable as 180 (optional rotations) or possibly standing (we'll see).
- Shared-space gameplay:
- Primarily a single-player game but with other players as "ghosts" / "spectres".
- Shared worlds can be affected in some ways by other players, indirectly.
- Intended to create situations of both solitude and cooperation.
- A "classic" almost-retro sci-fi RPG:
- An equipment-based RPG. Progress by finding items and upgrades.
- A VR-friendly inventory system.
- Make decisions on your equipped load-out as you discover new weapons + gadgets.
- Locomotion system based on controller-direction:
- Intended to increase immersion and offer classic first-person type gameplay.
- Limits chance (hopefully) of motion-sickness by empahsizing player intent: You only locomote in directions you point.
- Climbing + vaulting (parkour-lite?) features.
For more information see the OBSCURON development blog.